What I'm currently writing...

Coming Soon: A Not So Normal Star Wars! Love A Not So Normal Week by Bluesaber3? Want to see those characters again, but in parodies of the Star Wars movies? You've come to the right place!

7/12/11

The Secret Life of Ri'ma Kenobi: Chapter Two (WIP)

The Secret Life of Ri'ma Kenobi

Part One: The Phantom Menace and Secret Romance


Chapter Two

Obi-Wan followed Anakin back to the ship, which took off almost immediately after they were situated. Apparently Obi-Wan had spent too much time with Eirtae', because they'd almost missed their flight. Thankfully, Panaka wasn't ruthless and had waited (though rather impatiently) for them.

Once they were seated, Anakin fixed his nine-year-old gaze on his new master. "Master, I...will I ever get to see P- Queen Amidala again?"

Obi-Wan tore his thoughts from Eirtae' and smiled at his Padawan learner. "Uh? Oh, well, that's hard to say. You might, if your paths cross again, at the right time." He studied his Padawan closely, then added "You like her a lot, don't you?"

Anakin nodded. "Some day, I'm going to marry her."

Obi-Wan chuckled, causing Anakin to cry out defiantly "I will! Just watch, I will! I said I would fly away from Tattoine and I did! And I will marry Padme' some day, I promise you!"

Obi-Wan smiled. "Anakin, do not forget that Jedi cannot marry."

"Oh." Anakin turned back to look out of the window and Obi-Wan's heart started pounding in his chest as he realized the truth that he had just said. It applied to him just as much as it did to his Padawan.

"Oh, Eirtae', what are we going to do?" he thought to himself.

"Anakin, wake me when we get to Courascant." he murmured, dozing off after a long day.

***

When they arrived on Courascant, Anakin did indeed wake Obi-Wan up and the two Jedi went inside the Jedi temple together. Obi-Wan forced himself to stop thinking of Eirtae', lest somehow the other Jedi would discover him.

"Master Kenobi, I am pleased to see that you have accomplished all of the arrangements for young Skywalker." Master Mace Windu said with a smile. Obi-Wan had gotten Anakin's hair cut and had dressed him in the usual Jedi robes. He was beginning to look and act like a Jedi, even in the short time that he had been Obi-Wan's apprentice.

"Thank you, Master." Obi-Wan said with a slight bow. "If you will excuse us, it has been a long day and I'm sure my Padawan is as ready as I am to retire."

"Go ahead." The two masters bowed and Anakin shuffled his feet impatiently. As Master and Apprentice walked down the hallway towards the sleeping quarters, Obi-Wan knew that it would be a while before he could actually go to sleep; in the short time he'd known Anakin, shuffling feet, downcast eyes and sober silence meant only one thing: a long string of questions for Obi-Wan to answer as soon as they were alone.

"What's troubling you, Anakin?" Obi-Wan asked almost before they were settled in their apartments. Anakin sighed and settled down across from his new master.

"This may sound silly, but I need to ask you anyway."

"Go ahead." Obi-Wan said, trying his hardest to stifle a yawn. He really did need to try to get this settled soon so he could get some rest.

"It's about Queen Amidala." Anakin's large blue eyes fixed onto Obi-Wan's greenish-blue ones. "Do you...do you mind if I call her 'Padme'' to myself?" he asked seriously. Now it was a chuckle that Obi-Wan had to stifle.

"I don't see much of a problem with that." He shifted positions on his cot. "Now, if there will be no more questions..."

"No more questions." Anakin agreed, and the two Jedi went to sleep.
***

C & CC greatly appreciated!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment