What I'm currently writing...

Coming Soon: A Not So Normal Star Wars! Love A Not So Normal Week by Bluesaber3? Want to see those characters again, but in parodies of the Star Wars movies? You've come to the right place!

7/19/11

The Secret Life of Ri'ma Kenobi: Chapter Twenty-Five (WIP)


Chapter Five
“So…you are my big brother?”
“It appears so.” Anakin smiled at the younger boy. Tomvin was a sweet, spunky lad, and he liked him already.
“Why were you away for so long?” Tomvin asked, tears coming into his big blue eyes. Anakin’s heart softened and he put his arm around the boy’s shoulders.
“Tomvin, I couldn’t come back. I had to train to be a Jedi. I wanted to come back and see my mother so bad, but…I wasn’t able to…I didn’t even know you were born.”
“Really?” Tomvin wiped his eyes and smiled shakily. “I thought you just didn’t care.”
Anakin shook his head. “I wish I had known. I missed so much while I was gone…not that knowing would have changed anything. Jedi aren’t allowed to do what they like, or visit the places you like, or…” His voice shook “Be with the people that I love.” Clearing his throat, he went on. “I’m not allowed to love. well, I mean, attachment and possession are forbidden. There is only compassion. A Jedi…a Jedi isn’t allowed to marry.”
“Then I’m glad that I’m not a Jedi.” Tomvin confessed, staring off, deep in thought.
“It’s terrible…” Anakin confessed.
“You…want to marry Padme, don’t you?”  Tomvin asked. Anakin’s eyes widened.
“How did you…”
“It could only be her. We- Ri’ma and I- we….saw you…kiss.” Tomvin could barely speak such a romantic word. Anakin blinked, then burst out laughing.
“Tomvin, I…how did you-? You guys!” He bent over, laughing so hard his stomach hurt. Tomvin watched, stunned. At last Anakin looked up and wiped his eyes.
“I’m sorry, it’s really not funny. But it’s ironic. We both love each other- I think- and yet…” He stared off. “We aren’t allowed to marry each other because of stupid rules…”
“Rules aren’t stupid.” Tomvin insisted. “They are to help people, mostly.”
“Not these rules. These are stupid. Why can’t a Jedi marry? Love is a wonderful thing, and it all goes to waste…”
Tomvin sighed. “I don’t know how you feel,” he confessed “and I probably never will.”
***

No comments:

Post a Comment