What I'm currently writing...

Coming Soon: A Not So Normal Star Wars! Love A Not So Normal Week by Bluesaber3? Want to see those characters again, but in parodies of the Star Wars movies? You've come to the right place!

7/12/11

The Secret Life of Ri'ma Kenobi: Chapter One (WIP)

For the past few weeks I've been working on an alternative, non-cannon take on the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy. It is divided into three parts, each part being the alternative to one movie from the trilogy. I just recently finished part one, (which coincides with The Phantom Menace) so I will be posting it, a chapter per post. Let me know what you think!

The Secret Life of Ri'ma Kenobi

Part One: The Phantom Menace and Secret Romance


Chapter One

Obi-Wan Kenobi smiled as Queen Amidala of the Naboo retired after the Parade with one less than usual of her handmaidens. Behind a statue stood Eirtae', Amidala's tallest handmaiden, and the only one with blond hair. Obi-wan would have recognized her anywhere, even hunkered down int he shadows as she was. He glanced around to make sure that Anakin was still staring off after the retreating Queen, then slipped behind the statue by Eirtae'.

"Eirtae'..." he murmured, holding her small hands in his large ones. "We have to leave soon...I have to take Anakin back to Courascant."

"And I have to stay here with the Queen. It is my duty, Master Kenobi. I cannot leave her here alone. She still has much to learn in the ways of etiquette, and it is my job to teach her."

"I know, Eirtae'...please, call me Obi-Wan..."

Eirtae''s eyes flickered over Obi-Wan's young, serious face. They were both so young, so involved in their own situations in life. How could they possibly even entertain the idea of...anything more between them. She would not think those words: romance, love, marriage. She bit her lip and looked away as tears formed in her eyes.

"Eirtae'..."

"Master Obi-Wan, where are you?"

Obi-Wan pushed Eirtae' further behind the statue and quickly jumped out to face his new apprentice, Anakin Skywalker. "Anakin? What is it?"

Anakin's face was even graver than Obi-Wan's was, and many years younger. "Master, they are loading the ships now. I think they want us to go."

"Alright, give me a minute. You go ahead and get on-board."

"Yes, Master." Anakin hurried away, bogged down by his own troubles. Obi-Wan slipped back behind the statue.

"I have to go now. Please, never, never forget me..." he whispered. Eirtae' nodded, swallowing back a flood of tears. Two more slipped down her cheeks despite her efforts. Obi-Wan wiped them from her cheeks and tried to smile. "It won't be long, my love. I will come back for you. Please, be ready."

"I can't be sure of anything..."

"Eirtae'." His face was graver than ever. "I will come back for you. Please, believe me."

She nodded. "That is not the problem-"

"Master Kenobi?"

"I...I have to go. Don't forget me!" He backed away from her and let her hands slip from his before turning and dashing out into the open, responding to his Padawan's calls.

***
C & CC greatly appreciated!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment