What I'm currently writing...

Coming Soon: A Not So Normal Star Wars! Love A Not So Normal Week by Bluesaber3? Want to see those characters again, but in parodies of the Star Wars movies? You've come to the right place!

7/13/11

The Secret Life of Ri'ma Kenobi: Chapter Twelve (WIP)

The Secret Life of Ri'ma Kenobi

Part One: The Phantom Menace and Secret Romance


Chapter 12

"I don't know why I ever agreed to do this..."

Obi-Wan crossed his arms and leaned up against the door to his apartment, then straightened and paced the hallway before slouching against the wall.

"It's alright, Obi-Wan." Eirtae' smiled and came over to her husband, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry about it. He's just a boy, after all."

"I don't know why I agreed to let him meet you. He shouldn't even know about you. I should have let him keep guessing whether I am married to you or not!"

"You said you could tell that he knew. What use would it have been?"

"Yes, but what if he...I don't know...messes things up somehow? What if he sees you in public and he- I dunno- I..."

"If what you tell me about this boy is true, then you have nothing to worry about. He'll keep our secret well."

"Hmph." Obi-Wan grunted, but he couldn't help smile at his pretty, young wife.

Ten minutes later familiar footsteps sounded down the street outside of the apartment and Obi-Wan sensed his young Padawan's presence. Soon the tousled-blond-haired head came into view, and Anakin's face sported an enormous smile.

"Hey, Master. Where is she?" Anakin asked.

"SHHH!!" Obi-Wan hissed, looking around them frantically. Anakin laughed.

"Master, there's no one here to hear me. Please, can I just meet Eirtae'?"

Obi-Wan's heart stopped for a moment but he quickly guarded his feelings. Anakin's blue eyes lit up with excitement.

"Not quick enough for me, master. I know who she is." Anakin pushed a folded square of paper into Obi-Wan's hands and giggled. Obi-Wan, hands shaking, unfolded it and began to read:

Obi-Wan, may the force be with you as you train your new

"Anakin! Where did you find this? Did you read it all??"

"No, Master." Anakin giggled. "It was on the floor in our room. I only read the name at the bottom: Eirtae'. One of Padme's handmaidens from Naboo. She's your wife, isn't she, Master?"

While Obi-Wan wondered how he had been so careless, he led Anakin inside. Anakin laughed again, needing no reply; he knew, he had seen the name signed on the bottom of the paper. Eirtae' was Obi-Wan new wife.
***

"Obi-Wan, I don't feel well."

Obi-Wan lay a hand on his wife's brow, but it was cool. He frowned and studied her pale, pinched face.

"What's the matter, Eirtae'?"

Eirtae' sighed. "I feel so weak and ill... and my head is pounding."

Obi-Wan helped her to the couch where she lie down, feet propped up by a pillow. After a washcloth had been put on her forehead Obi-Wan studied her again.

"Should I stay home? I can skip training Anakin for one day."

"No..." Eirtae' shook her head weakly. "I'm alright. You go on ahead. I'll be fine, you'll see."

But when Obi-Wan returned home at the end of the day, he found his wife doubled over the sink, sick. He helped her back to the couch when she was through and again put his hand on her forehead, feeling with the force to see what was wrong with her.

"I sense...something that is out of place." Obi-Wan murmured.

"I can't stand the thought of eating, so I feel even more tired and weak then I did this morning." Eirtae' groaned. Obi-Wan watched her, concerned, for another moment. Then his eyes widened and he leaned in and whispered

"Do you think...?"

Eirtae' looked confused, then startled. "I...I don't know." She said at last.

"Should I get a doctor?"

"Obi-Wan, you can't risk being seen with me." Obi-Wan started to protest, but Eirtae' just smiled. "I might feel better tomorrow. Please, can't we wait?"

"Alright." Obi-Wan agreed at last.

Eirtae' wasn't better the next day. She felt ill for several more days, and then she began to feel better. Since Obi-Wan was so concerned and Anakin already knew their secret, he began to train his apprentice at their apartment. Things continues on this way for several weeks. At last Eirtae' insisted that she really did feel much, much better, and was almost back to normal. She begged Obi-Wan to take Anakin back to the temple so that suspicion was not further aroused. Obi-Wan agreed and so he and Anakin continued to train at the temple as they had before. Meanwhile, Eirtae' grew stronger each day and all fear fell from Obi-Wan's mind at last.
***

C & CC greatly appreciated!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment